9.02.2011

pageant of the masters

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Handmade skirt, H&M belt, Forever 21 top. 
My friend Frances and I went to Pageant of the Masters on Wednesday night located in the artsy city of Laguna Beach. The whole thing is almost like a play where they bring famous works of art into life-size proportions with real people. I know it's a bit hard to explain so you can check it out here.
Before the show, several artists have exhibits set up to display their artwork. It varies from sculptures, oil paintings, jewelry, and even nail art (?) shown above. I was limited in what pictures I could take (because I really got in trouble for snapping shots). Anyway, by far, the best display was of this girl's face (shown above). The artist used nails to replicate the raised features of her face and hair and then painted over them. His process is shown in the last picture. This was my first time going to this event, and I highly recommend it!

1 comment: